Thursday, September 11, 2008

Love letter

As I stated in my earlier blog, I am using this as a method to document events for future generations.

Yesterday I was working on my mountains of work on my desk and ran across a letter written by my older son when he was younger. It was his gift to me as a "Mother's Day present" Get out the tissue!!

It reads:

Mom, if I had alot of money. I would buy you a new BMW, tons of new clothes, and a month in Hawaii to just lie out by the beach and soak up the sun all day. But, since I don't --yet--, all I can offer is this letter of thanks and love.

If I could write you a poem or a song, I would. But since we all know I'm not gifted with words, all I can write is this letter if thanks and love.

I thank you for all of your love, patience, strength, care, and hard work you have given this family. I can honestly say I believe that I have had a better childhood than most people. Not because we lived "high on the hog", but because you showed us more love and care than any mother I have ever met. I thank God everyday for sending us such an awesome mother. God has to be so proud of you because you are exactly what He talks about in Proverbs 31. The Bible said God rewards us according to our works. Your work in this family is going to cause God to go bankrupt. (Not really, but you know what I mean).

I love you Mom more than you will ever know. You are my mother, but you are also one of my best friends. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!! You're the best!!!

Love, "your little peanut"

Now what did I tell you!!! I cry everytime I read this....more Kleenex, please.


No comments: