Tuesday, September 23, 2008

BAM!! Crayons

Crayons--5 cents and a box of Crayola crayons--that was all it took to make me happy on the first day of school.

I love crayons. Just the brief scent will whisk me away to a time of carefree fun and childhood memories. As a child my mother would spend cherished time with me coloring the most perfect drawings in my coloring book. I was always enchanted just watching her create such beauty while mine was always scratchy and "out of line". She would enhance the drawings with just the right amount of red for perfect cheeks and pouty lips. Now some 50 years later all it takes is a good long whiff and BAM! I am right back there with her, my precious Mother. I love you, MOM.

2 comments:

kristina said...

you know the first time i played with crayons was when i was 16!!
i mean i had colored pencils...i wasn't that deprived but i've never seen crayons until 16! lol

YaYa's Funhouse said...

kristina

hey colored pencils are great too. I don't think I ever had any of those.