Thursday, September 11, 2008

Gett'n Fit

As you know we are going to the Bahamas tomorrow, been trying to get in shape to tote all those bags through the airport....

Fitness strengthening....

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, with plenty of room on each side. With a 5lb. potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10lb. potato sacks. Then try 50lb. sack and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100lb. potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full min. (I'm at this level)

After you are comfortable, at this point you will begin to add one potato to each sack.

HAHAHAHA!!!! Ya think I'm ready for those tote bags now????

3 comments:

rick said...

I've been trying this for 7 weeks and I can't get past 2 potatoes in each hand. Before I know it, I have boiled them and ate them. I guess all i can take to the Bahamas is a stick of butter in each hand to go with the next batch of potatoes.

kristina said...

i can't even get passed the 50 lbs ones! i guess that's why njara had to carry my luggage around when i went to NY =)...have a great trip, i expect awesome pics and you stay safe...there's no telling what other one name storm is lurking out there!

Patty Young said...

Hi! Your blog has been added to the Cook It. Blog It! blogroll. Thank you for participating!