Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Miss Thang!!!


I hope I don't gross anyone out by these pictures, but wanted you to see just what I am dealing with...and this in not all of it....whew!!



So forgive me for not posting more this week but I have been so miserable. The only thing I could think about was how could I get to that itch and how fast could I scratch!!! It has been almost 2 weeks of this STUFF!! I worked last night, just got off and now unable to sleep sooooo I thought maybe I could blog a little. I took a stroll in my back yard to try to get some pictures of all the flowers blooming. The azaleas are so pretty.




We have had so much rain and suppose to have more today so the azaleas will not be pretty much longer. You will not believe what Lucy did!!! There is a little creek at the edge of our back yard, running across the entire back yard. When there is alot of rain really hard and fast the water will back up into the lower part of the yard. Welllllll, through the years that has changed in that the water in now backing into the neighbors yard behind us.... she really is having a drainage problem and probably needs a retaining wall of some sort.


Her yard slopes down quite sharply....anyway, some one had tried to dam up the little creek with bricks, small pieces of wood, and little chunks of concrete.....Now you know that is not the answer to a drainage problem. I cannot say she is the guilty party but the neighborhood children have never tried to do this before. So, Miss Thang decided that needed to be removed....bending over I started to work to remove the dam that was built almost as good as a little beaver. As I bent over, you guessed it my camera fell into the creek....now mind you I would have rather fallen into the creek than to have lost my camera....I was jumping around like a rabbit trying to retrieve it, almost in tears I ran inside to remove the battery and attempt to dry it out. The azalea pictures were taken before the fall. The creek picture were taken after being water logged. A little cloudy, don't you think. So far, it has spit and sputtered, turned itself on and off like magic, but I have managed to take a few more pictures. Nothing has exploded, I haven't gotten shocked, my computer isn't smoking. My hair is still lying flat on my head!! HA!!! That would be a total disaster not to have pictures for my blog.....although, mmmmmmmmmm that would be a great excuse to buy a super duper....NIKON D90 with all the bells and whistles......thinkin.....or maybe not....sure would take some awesome pictures of those babies now wouldn't it???? So, I guess I should have just left things alone....but guess what, in all the excitement....I got relief from all the itching......YES!!!!!

7 comments:

Deare Diary said...

Oh Lucy, you did it again!!!haha I always miss the excitment.You know what I would have done if I was there! You and Kylie can feel sorry for each other. She is itching like mad too. Your flowers really are pretty. It will not be long until those boys will be playing in that little creek just like ours did when they were small. Hang in there Lucy, better days are ahead.
Judy

Girl with the Curlz said...

Oh you poor thing I hope you get some relief soon. That is awful. The flowers are very pretty.

Linda

Needled Mom said...

Oh dear....life has not been a bed of roses for you, has it? Hope it improves.

Tootsie said...

I've heard a baking soda paste will make that feel better...and corn starch (also a wives tale) worth a try...
you have had a tough few days...feel better girl

nancygrayce said...

That is awful and I know about itching so I'm so sorry! If I dropped my camera in water, I would be frantic too, although I'm hard on a camera! I'd like a new one too, but I'm afraid if it wasn't as simple as my little canon, I wouldn't use it!

LisaShaw said...

Sweetie, I continue to pray for your healing quickly!!!

Sending a hug to you.

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Thanks everyone for your prayers. The poison ivy is doing much better.