Thursday, March 26, 2009

Oh, but she is Cruel



Oh, she is cruel!! As you know from my earlier blog, I worked in my yard this past weekend. I enjoyed trimming, clipping, mulching....not knowing SHE was there. The next day SHE began to exhibit her presence.......blisters and rash covering numerous body parts. The culprit.....her name???? POISON IVY!!!!!
The past 3 days and 2 nights have been most miserable. I have itched and scratched and scratched and itched....all those body parts until layers of skin are all but gone. I feel I am going MAD!!! Last night I think I took about 5 Benadryl all throughout the night....still itching and scratching...not much help. I am also using Triamcinolone acetonide cream which has helped some. The working definition of itching from a standard dermatology textbook is "a sensation that causes a desire to scratch". Fair enough, why does itch and scratching feel so good? Scratching an itch provides only temporory relief and unfortunately leads to more itching . I think this would be called the itch-scratch-cycle which only makes matters worse. Whatever....I will leave you with this thought-----if you have an itch by all means scratch like there is no tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!


14 comments:

nancygrayce said...

A doctor once told me that itching is a class 4 pain! Whatever that means. The dermatolagist (sp?) recently told me that they really have no idea what itching even is!

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Nancygrayce, I can tell them it is MISERY !!!!!

Needled Mom said...

So sorry. I, too, am a scratcher. I just can't stand to leave it alone. Hope your itching is gone soon.

Deare Diary said...

YaYa,
What would Lucy and Ethel do? I think that I remember an episode where Lucy had a mad itch too. Just remember to be careful where you scratch....it does spread!!!!teeheehee. Your brother said that it might be the "Junkyard Itch" (an episode from Sanford and Son)
Judy

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Etheyl...don't worry I am trying to be careful but the water is rising. Just oneeee morrreeeee scraaaatttcchh

Deare Diary said...

YaYa,
Be careful holding those sweet babies!!! Be sure and hug Rick a LOT!!!!!haha

Justabeachkat said...

Oh YaYa! I started itching just reading your post! Bless your heart! Soak in an oatmeal bath...that helps. Hope you get some relief FAST!

Hugs!
Kat

LisaShaw said...

O my!! I'm so sorry! I pray it's over for you soon dear sister.

Tootsie said...

OH NO!!!! feel better!

Julia said...

The poison oak is out in full force here too! I have been training the kids to tell what it is. I am totally dreading their getting it. So sorry to see you got got!

Unknown said...

Ohh...I hope you have some relief soon! Take care!

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Thanks Julia, I've got to hurry up and get well so that I can get to work on my "Lucy" aprons. Did you see the fabric on my blog? I was so excited to find it.

Julia said...

Your fabric is amazing! I was shocked to see that there are so many cool expressions on Lucy's face! It is going to make an awesome apron. Do you want to show it off at TAG??

YaYa's Funhouse said...

That sounds fun. How do I do that? I have got to get rid of this itching before I can get started on it. Let me know. I think it will be a fun apron. My SIL AKA Ethel (dearediary.blogspot.com) and I tease each other about Lucy and Ethel. We are certainly a pair.