Friday, March 20, 2009

Shop Til U Drop

Shop 'Til you drop describes the last two days with my mom. The last few years she has been the caregiver to my step-father. He was recently placed in a nursing home/rehab due to his decrease in function. I wanted to spend some time with her so I drove down for a couple of days. We had SO much fun....I cannot remember the last time we had time together like this. We shopped, ate-out, visited the nursing home,had pedicures, shopped...did I say shopped? It has been a very long time since she has had any "me" time. We bought clothes, bought some jewelry,
had pedicures.
We even got "new dos".


NO, not this!!





















Now this one is CUTE!!



It was totally a couple of "girl"days. We went to bed when we wanted, got up when we wanted, ate when we wanted, laughed and talked about everything. Overall, it was an awesome visit....promise to do more often.....until next time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great.Im so happy for you and your mom.I know she needed you.

YaYa's Funhouse said...

yes, she really did. I thought about you and your dad. I even shared with mom how simular our stories are. Will be praying for you about your flight. You will do just fine.Try not to be anxious.

Tootsie said...

so glad you had this time with her! you sound very happy!

Deare Diary said...

Let us see the new HAIRDO.
Judy