Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Love You Forever

What's up with the books? you might ask. I love books and always enjoyed reading to my boys (that is when I could get them to be still long enough) HA!! Today I was reading one of my favorite blogs, pamperingbeki.blogspot.com, she mentions a new childrens book...I LOVE YOU MORE and immediately thought about this book, LOVE YOU FOREVER by Robert Munsch. This book was given to me by cousin about 10 years ago. It is a moving story of how a little boy goes throught the stages of childhood and becomes a man.
A young woman holds her newborn son and looks at him lovingly. Softly she sings to him:
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.
It is also about the enduring nature of parents' love and how it crosses generations.
I enjoyed this book so much I have bought it for my "adult" children and also like to include in "baby gifts". Be prepared, read this with a box of tissue.

No comments: