Thursday, October 9, 2008

Garlic Chicken with White Wine Sauce


When I found this recipe, I thought OMG way too much garlic. Not!!! It really is fantastic. My daughter in law (older son's wife...not "little mama") anyway...she doesn't like garlic but she loved this. Trust me, just try it. I know you will like it.

Ingredients:
1 4 lb whole chicken, cut into eight parts
salt and freshly ground pepper
2-3 whole heads of garlic, cloves separated(40 cloves)but not peeled.
Olive oil
1 1/4 c. dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
3 large sprigs of fresh tarragon (I used dried)
3 large sprigs of fresh thyme.

Method:
Lightly smash the garlic cloves with the side of knife, just enough to break the cloves. Leave peel on.

Trim the chicken pieces of excess fat. Pat them dry and sprinkle pieces generously with salt and pepper. Heat 3 TBSP olive oil in a dutch oven. Brown the chicken pieces on all sides. Remove from pan when browned.

Add garlic and saute until golden brown, about 4 mins. Add the wine and the herbs. Bring to a boil. Add the chicken pieces. Reduce the heat to medium low. Cover the pan, simmer until the chicken is cooked through.

Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken pieces to a platter, spoon garlic sauce over the chicken.

Serve alone ( for low carbohydrate option) or with rice, noodles, baked or mashed potatoes.

Serves 4-6.

Yummy, Yummy

1 comment:

rick said...

Pappy didn't like it. That bird followed me around all week. If i climbed a tree, she flew up their. If i got in my truck, she road up front. When I went to the restroom, she smelled the whole place up. I finally picked her up to throw her outside and she dropped 14 pieces of garlic on my foot. Had to buy a $105.00 rooster to run her off. Now he keeps me awake cook-a doing all over the place.