Friday, October 3, 2008

Blessed Beyond Measure

My sister-in-law...what can I say? She is the best! However,...here it comes. She LOVES to scare people. There must be something seriously lacking somewhere for this unquenchable
desire to "scare the pants off" anyone that appears unknowing and innocent of her "great past time". When you least expect it
she is there to abruptly bring you back to reality. All in all, she is truly like a sister to me. We have had many laughs together and shared many tears through the years.
SISTER-IN-LAW

Fate smiled upon me
the day you became my sister-in-law.
From the very beginning
I felt "at home" in your presence...
and I knew in my heart
that the two of us would grow closer
through the years.
Now, as I look back in time.
I am reminded
of just how much we have shared,
and I am grateful
that I was blessed
with a sister-in-law
whose warmth, thoughtfulness,
and sense of compassion,
served to make my days brighter,
my sorrows more bearable,
and my life richer in so many ways.
for this-- I feel
fortunate beyond measure.
by Genie's Poetry

(how did she read my mind?)
P.S. This is the motorcycle rider's wife!!

3 comments:

Deare Diary said...

I just like to bring a little laughter in an other wise dull world. Although I do have to admit that I am usually the only one laughing. Making memories. I can be all by myself and remeber a time when I scared Ricky with a blood curdling scream and I will laugh and laugh and laugh. Sorry Ricky(not really)HA HA. I love my sister-n-law and brother-n-law! Maybe on my headstone they will put "She died laughing". Good memories. Now that I think about it-- I have never scared Becky. Look out!!

YaYa's Funhouse said...

you see, you can blog too. HA! I'll be watchin you!!

Heather said...

Hi there! Your blog is cracking me up!!!
Thanks for stopping by The Gift Closet & your sweet comments. :)