Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hot Flashes

Here, here--calling all women over 40 typically who know about HOT FLASHES! If you've had one, there no mistaking it. You would absolutely know. It's like someone shoved a hot iron up yo butt "Flame-On". As I sit here, I feel like I will implode. It's not a good thang!!!! You may be the nicest person in the world, but when IT strikes, you feel that bead of sweat pop-out on your upper lip and around your neckline in the dead of winter (and everyone else is freezing) it's like having Tourette's syndrome, words you have never used will fly out of your mouth, no matter where you are. The flash is then followed by flush,leaving you reddenned, perspiring and with a sudden urge to hurt someone close to you really bad. Ever heard that expression, "I'm out of Prozac and I have a gun"!!!


Hot!! how hot??450 degrees oven, hotter than a tater hot!!! Are you kiddin me?? If you've never experienced it, just keep on livin. What is the cause you might ask??----WHO CARES!!! I'd just like a cure. Our estrogen is gone, bye,bye no more eggs.There are more eggs in our refrigerators than in our bodies. Don't give us therapy, give us a cure, something!! anything!! to stop the sweat from going down the small of our back. It's so annoying.....OH, the other issue, joint and muscle pain (which sometimes goes along with menopause) therefore, sitting with fans blowing at category 5 hurricaine speed is not an option....so what's a gurl to do!! Until that cure comes along......BURN, BABY, BURN!!!!
Oh, and guys watch out for those guns!!!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love the post. I just turned 50 and I'm expecting one any day now. TOTALLY dreading it! Found you over on "Connie Turns 50". Keep us posted on the joys of being in our 50's!