Saturday, October 16, 2010

I Love Lucy "Pioneer Women"

Some of you may wonder why is this posted, but if you have know me very long you will know I am forever falling into simular situations as our friends, Lucy and Ethel. I like to refer to them as ...oh no, another Lucy and Ethel drama. I tease my sister in law and call her "Ethel"......

well, here goes the story.....I have made homemade cinnamon rolls for my family for years....I decided last weekend to try a new recipe... what a disaster! The directions called for one quart of whole milk, one cup of veg oil, and one cup of sugar in a medium size sauce pan...heat and open 2 packets of yeast to pour into milk....then add 8 cups flour.....Well, not knowing...I added TWICE the amt of milk I should have....what a mess. I kept thinking as I added the flour....gosh, this is like soup this can't be right......yes, check, medium size pan....thats not the problem......thinking what could it be?? I had to pour into a large mixing bowl as it was coming over the top....I doubled checked yes, it did say medium size pan...but this could not be right....oh no....double the milk.....so to correct..I added more flour....I covered the bowl with kitchen towel to allow it to rise and boy..did it.....OUT of the bowl it came....like a creeping monster....it crawled out of the bowl....over the edge onto the rack, out of the bowl onto the oven floor....oozing along the way....what a mess.....in the middle of all this mess my older son and his wife came to visit....They were quite amused...actually they were rolling on the floor at what I had created....Lovingly my son said, Mom, don't try to fix what is not broken.....Lesson well learned today! So until next time.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Just one thing....I was not there to see it!!!! We missed our calling. We should have our own comedy show, huh?

YaYa's Funhouse said...

yep, it would have been fun.

Justabeachkat said...

I DO love Lucy! What a show. I don't remember seeing that particular show though. What a hoot!

Hugs,
Kat

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, that was certainly a Lucy moment. I have many of those myself. I love Lucy! Thanks for stopping over today.